Ask the Consultant
2 - 3.5 Hours
Local or General
Two weeks to return to work / home business - A week to complete the reviews - Three months to get the final results
Remove abdominal fat - remove flabby skin - fix abdominal wall muscles
How is tummy tuck can be done?
Partial and complete
Usually the operation is done under general anesthesia, and it can also be performed under a local anesthetic, with the use of sedatives, especially if the tension is partial to the area under the navel.
The process takes approximately two or three hours, depending on the type of technology used.
Full tummy tuck: Fat and sagging removal with abdominal wall repair:
- Determining the external form of the effects of the operation, which is very similar to the wound of a cesarean delivery, even if it exceeds a few centimeters in length. We also define the areas from which the liposuction will be extracted.
- After hypnosis, liposuction is carried out from the previously specified areas.
- Then the skin is slit, separated from the abdominal wall, and the navel separated from the skin to enable tightening of the excess skin from the area above the navel.
- Fix the abdominal wall by rounding the longitudinal front muscles with fixed surgical sutures after removing any secretive hernia that may be present, and this is done in two layers to obtain stronger muscles for the abdominal wall.
- Then tighten the excess skin and remove it, and then make an opening in the skin to remove the navel and install it in a new place in the skin, but at the same level as before the operation in an area between the waist and pelvis.
- Close all wounds with a surgical electrode. Surgical staples can be used after applying a tubercle to drain any fluids out of the wound without causing problems to the patient, and that tubercle is removed within three days after the operation.
- Putting a medical spare to cover the wounds and using a corset or a medical corset to reduce or prevent the occurrence of any fluid clusters under the skin and to give the skin the new shape for it.
Partial abdominoplasty: Just remove the contouring without fixing the abdominal wall:
- This technique is used to remove the contouring of the lower navel area without the need to repair the front muscles of the abdomen and take less time and recovery time faster than the full tension of the abdomen.
- The benefit of this method, even if it seems easier, is that it does not fit the hernia of the abdominal wall and does not become a waist
What do you expect during the recovery period after a tummy tuck?
- Depending on the amount of flabs removed and your general health before the operation and your age, you can expect some pain that will go away with painkillers and something from stress to change the amount of fluid.
Sometimes repair of the abdominal wall accompanies, especially if the sagging is chronic and shortness of breath occurs during the first hours.
Abdominoplasty requires a complete rest at home for a period of two weeks, although some patients can practice their normal lives within days.
Patients are advised to do some gentle exercises to stimulate blood circulation to reduce the recovery period while bending the trunk while walking.
It is also taken into account that bathing and medical visits to the wound and removing the tubercle are done during the first two weeks after the operation.
- During the first three months, the corset is worn continuously.
- The patient can exercise or swim after two months of operation, but warns carrying weight for a period of three months.